Click here to register as a member of the NLPA and Canadian Powerlifting Union (CPU) via eSportsDesk. Athletes hoping to compete at the local, regional, national or international level will require a current membership for both NLPA and CPU. Your membership with the NLPA is joint with the CPU in one registration process.
All memberships will show 2 parts, the portion that goes to the CPU ($50) and the portion that goes to your provincial organization, such as the NLPA. They are good for one year from date of purchase.
$5.00 of the CPU portion goes to support the CPU’s Anti-Doping program.
In order to join the CPU you must be a Canadian citizen or have Permanent Resident status, or be in Canada on a work or study visa.
Persons on work or study visas may participate in any contest, but cannot set national records or be on international teams. Other foreign nationals in Canada temporarily may participate in CPU events, but must have a valid membership from their own nation. At contests designated as “Championships” (Provincial or National) foreign nationals may only participate as guests, and cannot win medals or class standings.
1) Register via the link above for NEWFOUNDLAND & LABRADOR. You can compete in ANY province but must get your card through the province where you live.
2) Click on the SignUp tab, and Sign Up For Myself.
3) Click on Memberships on the left
Note: If you are renewing your membership you should see a blue RENEWAL button. It will appear if you are within 30 day of expiring.
4) Select your Membership type. All competitive memberships will show the provincial portion, the $45 CPU portion will be automatically included. Types will vary from province to province, most will pick the first option, the Open membership. Click on Buy for Myself.
5) The next page will confirm your selections, ask you some questions (set by your province) and ask you to agree to your provincial waiver.
6) Next enter your credit card payment information, and other required info and complete the purchase.
7) PRINTING your membership card:
Click on Dashboard at the top right, then on Memberships on the left, and in the Canadian Powerlifting Union section, you will see the “PRINT MEMBERSHIP CARD” button.
Some are reporting that they had to log out and back in to get the Print button.
Membership cards are designed to fold over to fit in your wallet.